Norton has been the most-trusted security software for millions of people. When it comes to securing the device, the user will always look up to Norton. Once you have bought the product online or offline, your dilemma is as to how you can install it. When this confusion is over, you move to the next set of worries which is, ”How do I re-install or uninstall it?” Getting frantic about these tiny issues can give you a headache. Plus, you do not need a professional to install or uninstall for you. Gone are those days when your mother and father would call a known computer operator to take care of these minor tasks. In order to install Norton setup, you need to follow some instructions.
Here’s what we have done for you! We have mentioned the steps which would help you to install, re-install and uninstall the software easily without any professional support. How does that sound? Let us begin with the installation process of Norton com setup.
The Installation Process Of Norton Setup
The installation process is fairly straightforward. How do we do that?
- Firstly, go to norton.com/setup and log in to your account. If you do not possess an account, you must click on ‘create an account’. To log in, you would need your email address and the password that you have set. Creating an account is fairly simple and does not take much time.
- Once you have logged into your norton.com/myaccount, you will get transferred to the ‘Get Started’ page. Now, you need to click on ‘Download Norton’.
- In case you possess a product activation key, activate the 25 digit code before you get started. You can click on ‘Enter the product key’ and then move forward.
- Now, you will see two options – ‘Install on this device’ and ‘Install on another device’.
- Select the desired option and click on ‘Agree and Download’. If you want to download it on another device, you can choose the other option and the user will get a download link.
- Since people use different browsers, you must click on ‘Run’, ‘Save’ or ‘Download’. The command will depend on the browser you are using.
- Your product has successfully been installed on your device. Double click on it to open.
The Process of Reinstallation – Norton.com/setup
Before you reinstall the new product, it is best to remove the already installed product. In order to remove the Norton family, you would need to get Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. On some of the browsers, this will get installed immediately. However, you may get a pop up in other browsers.
Press Cntrl+J in order to open the download. Now you will see the NRnR icon, double-click on this. Once you have skimmed through the agreement, click on Agree. Simply remove and also reinstall the product. If you are using a service provider, you will only see the option of ‘remove’.
You can either click remove or the continue option. Now, select the ‘Restart’ button and once the computer/device has restarted, you would need to follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall the product.
For removing, you would need to follow the same instructions, but click on ‘remove’ button. Whenever you select remove or continue button, you would need to restart the device. This will speed up the process and you will see the required changes.
Install Norton Setup – www.norton.com/setup
Make sure you have a stable internet connection because Norton will utilize that to install, reinstall and remove. Whether it is a phone or a computer, a fast and stable internet connection can help. Before reinstalling the product, you must remove or uninstall the previous one.
Also, keep your activation code handy as that would be needed to install the product on your device. You can choose to download/install it on any other device! In fact, you can use your account to register with different product codes.
The install Norton setup is certainly an easy task, and the rest will also be easy to handle. There are some prerequisites before installation such as:
- The operating system should be updated.
- Different browsers will react differently. If you do not see the installed product, you can view the downloads.
- The product is lightweight and does not hamper the performance of the computer or any other device.
- You would need hard disk space of about 300 MB.
- You can buy the product offline or online. The activation code is 25-digit long and can be seen behind the retail card or will be sent to you via email.
- If you do not have an account on Norton, create one as that takes less than 40 seconds.
Remember that this task does not need professional help or expertise. Open up the device and follow the steps carefully to install, reinstall or uninstall the product.